Uber style taxi app launches in the St Albans district
- Credit: Archant
A new taxi app has launched in the district response to the demand for an Uber – style service across St Albans and the surrounding areas.
‘St Albans Drivr’ and ‘Harpenden Taxi’s Drivr’ - sister companies to A1 taxis who have been based in St Albans for a number of years – are smartphone apps offering an alternative to traditional taxi services by allowing passengers to pre book and pay for journeys using a ‘cashless’ system with users credit or debit cards securely stored on the app.
Kamran Khan, owner of the St Albans Drivr, Harpenden taxi’s Drivr and A1 taxis, who launched the app said: “We’re trying to move with the times and say we’re something similar to Uber, but we’re checked by your local council who have a strict CRB checking system and all of our drivers are local so passengers can be secure in the knowledge their driver is safe, and it’s a lot cheaper.”
Partner Wajid Hussain said “It is important to us that our passengers feel safe and confident to use the app. Our system makes sure that each passenger is sent the estimated arrival time of the vehicle, driver details and the vehicle registration number, when they book so they can forward to friends and family to let them know where they are”.
Unlike Uber, St Albans Drivr and Harpenden Taxi’s Drivr do not operate any ‘surge pricing’ or peak pricing periods meaning that users are given a price when they book and, if they are making the same journey a lot, the price should be the same each time. Wajid added “Our passengers can never be overcharged for their taxi journey because prices are pre-set and everything is paid for through the app”.
The Drivr service also simplifies corporate accounts by providing one invoice and digital receipt for all journeys, set low prices, sms taxi vouchers for guests and even offers help with policing your businesses transport policy.
Drivr currently cover St. Albans, Harpenden, London Colney, Park Street Lane, Colney Heath, Sandridge, Bricket wood, Codicote, Kimpton, Peters Green, Markyate, Redbourn and Wheathampstead and also offer airport taxi services.
You can download the app today on iPhone or Android by searching ‘drivr’ on the app stores, visit the websites at www.stalbansdrivr.uk and www.harpendentaxis.net and read more about the Drivr brand worldwide in this months Professional Driver magazine. See the magazine here >>
Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drivr
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep