Two young men assaulted by gang in St Albans
TWO young men were attacked by a gang outside St Albans city station in the early hours of Saturday morning (7).
TWO young men were attacked by a gang outside St Albans city station in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The victims, both in their twenties and from St Albans and London, were approached by a group of four to six black men at 3.10am on the Victoria Street bridge.
The gang, all believed to be in their early twenties, picked a fight and repeatedly assaulted the two men before fleeing the scene. One of the victims sustained serious injuries to his face which required reconstructive surgery.
One of the main offenders is described as 6ft tall with a skinny build, goatee beard, wearing a white bandana on his head, white t-shirt and black tracksuit bottoms.
Investigating officer DC Gemma Badat is appealing for any witnesses to the crime and can be reached via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 8 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice