Two taken to hospital after collision on M1 junction for St Albans and Hatfield
- Credit: hemelwhitefire
A vehicle’s roof had to be removed to help two people escape after a crash on the M1 junction 7 for St Albans and Hatfield.
St Albans firefighters received a call at around 7.45pm on Saturday to attend a road traffic collision on the M1 southbound, just before it joins the M25.
The crew helped assist Hemel Hempstead firefighters by using Lukas cutting equipment to remove the roof.
A spokesman for the St Albans fire service said: “We took the two casualties out on spine boards.
“Both were taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We were on the scene for about an hour.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters