Two taken to hospital after collision on M1 junction for St Albans and Hatfield
- Credit: hemelwhitefire
A vehicle’s roof had to be removed to help two people escape after a crash on the M1 junction 7 for St Albans and Hatfield.
St Albans firefighters received a call at around 7.45pm on Saturday to attend a road traffic collision on the M1 southbound, just before it joins the M25.
The crew helped assist Hemel Hempstead firefighters by using Lukas cutting equipment to remove the roof.
A spokesman for the St Albans fire service said: “We took the two casualties out on spine boards.
“Both were taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We were on the scene for about an hour.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient