Two men jailed for laptop thefts
TWO men were sentenced to two years imprisonment for their part in conspiring to steal laptop computers when they appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Monday. Wayne Grimes, aged 33, and John Boyd, 24, both of Borehamwood, together with a third man Mohamme
TWO men were sentenced to two years imprisonment for their part in conspiring to steal laptop computers when they appeared at St Albans Crown Court on Monday.
Wayne Grimes, aged 33, and John Boyd, 24, both of Borehamwood, together with a third man Mohammed Chaudhry, aged 40, of Harrow, who is to be sentenced later this month, targeted car parks around St Albans during a crime spree which netted a number of laptops.
Last summer a joint operation was launched between the Herts and Thames Valley forces into the large-scale theft of laptops from vehicles parked in supermarket car parks and service stations.
Boyd and Grimes would wait for people to park their vehicles, looking to see if they had laptops or other electrical items, and would then strike.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Matt Bonner from the Herts Police prolific offending team said: "This result brings an end to a complex investigation which has successfully disrupted an organised criminal gang.
"Their action caused misery and unnecessary inconvenience to many people who had their property stolen and their vehicles damaged.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters