Two men injured in car accident
TWO men have been hospitalised following a collision along a busy road this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were alerted to the accident along Watling Street in Radlett, near the junction with Harper Lane, at around 7am.
A silver Vauxhall Corsa and a grey Audi TT had collided on the road and the driver of the Corsa was left trapped in the vehicle.
Firefighters cut the young driver free while paramedics treated and stabilised him.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said three ambulance crews and Doctor Martyn Wildman, a fast response doctor, attended.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “On our arrival, one of the men who was driving a car was trapped in the wreckage, he sustained a serious leg injury. The other man involved received minor injuries. Paramedics and Doctor Wildman treated and stabilised both patients at the roadside before they were both conveyed to Watford General Hospital.”
A police spokesperson said that the accident caused significant tailbacks as the road was closed until around 8.30am while the recovery of both vehicles took place.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre