Two men charged following burglaries in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were stolen in the same night from two separate properties in Harpenden.
Two men were arrested and charged for the burglaries, which took place in the early hours of Friday, July 27.
Steven Hardacre, 35, of Beechwood Road, Luton, and Craig Clyburne, 29, of St Saviour’s Crescent, Luton, were each charged with two counts of dwelling burglary.
The charges were in connection with a burglary in Harpenden Rise, where a Nissan Qashqai was stolen, and a burglary in Overstone Road where a Range Rover Evoque was stolen.
Both cars have since been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Hardacre and Clyburne appeared before Hatfield Remand Court yesterday (Monday, July 30). Hardacre pleaded not guilty while Clyburne gave no indication of plea.
They were both remanded in custody ahead of a pre-trial preparation hearing scheduled for Friday, August 31 at St Albans Crown Court.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans