Two men charged following burglaries in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were stolen in the same night from two separate properties in Harpenden.
Two men were arrested and charged for the burglaries, which took place in the early hours of Friday, July 27.
Steven Hardacre, 35, of Beechwood Road, Luton, and Craig Clyburne, 29, of St Saviour’s Crescent, Luton, were each charged with two counts of dwelling burglary.
The charges were in connection with a burglary in Harpenden Rise, where a Nissan Qashqai was stolen, and a burglary in Overstone Road where a Range Rover Evoque was stolen.
Both cars have since been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Hardacre and Clyburne appeared before Hatfield Remand Court yesterday (Monday, July 30). Hardacre pleaded not guilty while Clyburne gave no indication of plea.
They were both remanded in custody ahead of a pre-trial preparation hearing scheduled for Friday, August 31 at St Albans Crown Court.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden