Two men charged following St Albans police chase
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested and charged following a police chase and cross-county search.
Jim Delaney, 19, of Manchester, and Thomas Delaney, 19, of Coventry were spotted acting suspiciously in the New Greens area of St Albans by officers carrying out an unmarked patrol on Monday (30).
The two men then made off in a stolen vehicle.
The officers pursued the two men before losing sight of the vehicle, which was later found abandoned and on fire in Beaumont Avenue.
Following an extensive search with Beds Police, the two men were arrested on their way to Luton.
You may also want to watch:
They have been charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, driving without consent and proceeds of crime.
Scott Curran from St Albans ‘Operation Scorpion’ team, said: “I’d like to thank the members of the public that assisted us in our searches. Calls from members of the public really can assist us and we are grateful to those who helped.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020