Two men charged following St Albans police chase
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested and charged following a police chase and cross-county search.
Jim Delaney, 19, of Manchester, and Thomas Delaney, 19, of Coventry were spotted acting suspiciously in the New Greens area of St Albans by officers carrying out an unmarked patrol on Monday (30).
The two men then made off in a stolen vehicle.
The officers pursued the two men before losing sight of the vehicle, which was later found abandoned and on fire in Beaumont Avenue.
Following an extensive search with Beds Police, the two men were arrested on their way to Luton.
They have been charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, driving without consent and proceeds of crime.
Scott Curran from St Albans ‘Operation Scorpion’ team, said: “I’d like to thank the members of the public that assisted us in our searches. Calls from members of the public really can assist us and we are grateful to those who helped.”
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school