Two men charged following St Albans police chase
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested and charged following a police chase and cross-county search.
Jim Delaney, 19, of Manchester, and Thomas Delaney, 19, of Coventry were spotted acting suspiciously in the New Greens area of St Albans by officers carrying out an unmarked patrol on Monday (30).
The two men then made off in a stolen vehicle.
The officers pursued the two men before losing sight of the vehicle, which was later found abandoned and on fire in Beaumont Avenue.
Following an extensive search with Beds Police, the two men were arrested on their way to Luton.
You may also want to watch:
They have been charged with burglary, aggravated vehicle taking, driving without consent and proceeds of crime.
Scott Curran from St Albans ‘Operation Scorpion’ team, said: “I’d like to thank the members of the public that assisted us in our searches. Calls from members of the public really can assist us and we are grateful to those who helped.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans