Two men arrested in drugs raid in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after police discovered crack cocaine and cannabis at two different St Albans addresses.
Officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team and Operation Scorpion entered the properties in Drakes Drive and Thirlmere Drive at around 7am on June 25, with help from the Herts, Beds and Cambs Dog Unit.
Two men, aged 50 and 24, were arrested for possession of a controlled drug (Class A and Class B) and possession with intent to supply (Class and Class B).
Officers also seized a quantity of wraps believed to be crack cocaine, cannabis and mobile phones.
Both men have been released on bail until August 5.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector, Pete Frost from St Albans Police Station, said: “Drug related crime in St Albans is low and to keep it that way we are determined to deal robustly with anyone believed to be involved in such offences.
“Through our own investigations and information from the public, we can work together to keep St Albans safe and I would therefore strongly encourage people to always report suspicious activity to us should they come across it.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
Anyone with information about drugs-related should call non-emergency number, 101 or contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.