Two men arrested in drugs raid in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested after police discovered crack cocaine and cannabis at two different St Albans addresses.
Officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team and Operation Scorpion entered the properties in Drakes Drive and Thirlmere Drive at around 7am on June 25, with help from the Herts, Beds and Cambs Dog Unit.
Two men, aged 50 and 24, were arrested for possession of a controlled drug (Class A and Class B) and possession with intent to supply (Class and Class B).
Officers also seized a quantity of wraps believed to be crack cocaine, cannabis and mobile phones.
Both men have been released on bail until August 5.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector, Pete Frost from St Albans Police Station, said: “Drug related crime in St Albans is low and to keep it that way we are determined to deal robustly with anyone believed to be involved in such offences.
“Through our own investigations and information from the public, we can work together to keep St Albans safe and I would therefore strongly encourage people to always report suspicious activity to us should they come across it.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
Anyone with information about drugs-related should call non-emergency number, 101 or contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.