Two men arrested after burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Debbie White
A quick-thinking St Albans man has been praised by the police for acting promptly after seeing two men acting suspiciously near a house under renovation.
Detective Inspector Pete Frost said he was ‘grateful’ that the resident phoned Herts Police immediately upon noticing the pair near a home in Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans.
Two men were arrested in the bathroom of the house at 12.55am on Monday, September 19, and were remanded in custody.
Det Insp Frost reminded residents to “remember to lock windows and doors and ensure PVCu doors are locked properly by lifting the handle and using the key to double-lock them.”
He added: “This time last year, we experienced a large number of burglaries. If you are not a member of Neighbourhood Watch, this is the perfect time to join up. You will receive local, relevant information via email.
You may also want to watch:
“We need residents to be our ears and eyes in the community. Please call police on 999 if you suspect a crime is in progress.”
• Lukasz Doniec, 31, of no fixed address, has been charged with: burglary on July 27 in John Street, Luton; theft from a motor vehicle in Luton on December 19, 2015; an attempted theft from a motor vehicle at Luton on May 15; burglary of a garage in Hart Hill Lane, Luton on May 28; burglary at an office in John St, Luton on May 29; burglary at Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans on September 19. He appeared before Hatfield Remand Court on Tuesday, September 20 and was remanded to appear before St Albans Magistrates’ Court on October 10.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
• Krzysztos Kuba, 28, of no fixed address, has been charged with burglary, at Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans, on September 19. He was given conditional bail and is due before the magistrates’ court on October 21.