Two men arrested after burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Debbie White
A quick-thinking St Albans man has been praised by the police for acting promptly after seeing two men acting suspiciously near a house under renovation.
Detective Inspector Pete Frost said he was ‘grateful’ that the resident phoned Herts Police immediately upon noticing the pair near a home in Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans.
Two men were arrested in the bathroom of the house at 12.55am on Monday, September 19, and were remanded in custody.
Det Insp Frost reminded residents to “remember to lock windows and doors and ensure PVCu doors are locked properly by lifting the handle and using the key to double-lock them.”
He added: “This time last year, we experienced a large number of burglaries. If you are not a member of Neighbourhood Watch, this is the perfect time to join up. You will receive local, relevant information via email.
“We need residents to be our ears and eyes in the community. Please call police on 999 if you suspect a crime is in progress.”
• Lukasz Doniec, 31, of no fixed address, has been charged with: burglary on July 27 in John Street, Luton; theft from a motor vehicle in Luton on December 19, 2015; an attempted theft from a motor vehicle at Luton on May 15; burglary of a garage in Hart Hill Lane, Luton on May 28; burglary at an office in John St, Luton on May 29; burglary at Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans on September 19. He appeared before Hatfield Remand Court on Tuesday, September 20 and was remanded to appear before St Albans Magistrates’ Court on October 10.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
• Krzysztos Kuba, 28, of no fixed address, has been charged with burglary, at Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans, on September 19. He was given conditional bail and is due before the magistrates’ court on October 21.