Two charged in connection with St Albans stabbing
TWO people have been arrested and charged in connection with a stabbing in St Albans earlier this month.
Police are also releasing the CCTV image of a possible witness they would like to speak with in connection with the case.
The incident occurred on Friday May 11, at around 4.15pm, at the Quadrant Shops on the Ridgeway. A man, who is aged in his 30s, returned to his van in Wycombe Way when he was approached by an attacker who stabbed him in the chest while he was sat in his van.
Frank Varey, 32, from Lancashire, was arrested on Friday (May 25). Louise Varey, 29, from Caddington in Bedfordshire, was arrested on Wednesday (May 23). They have been charged with GBH.
Det Sgt Nina Yuill, from the Local Crime Unit at St Albans police station, said: “I would like to speak with the man pictured in the CCTV image as part of the investigation, He is a potential witness and I would ask that he contact police. He is not in any trouble but I would appeal to him to contact us or anyone who recognises him to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to reassure residents who may have been concerned about what happened that we believe this to be an isolated incident.”
If you have any information, please contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101 and ask to speak to the St Albans Local Crime Unit. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden