Two-car collision in Colney Heath
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Emergency services rushed to a two-vehicle collision in St Albans district this morning (Friday), after receiving reports of a car being alight.
Herts Police were called at 9.20am to Tollgate Road in Colney Heath after a green VW Polo and a white Mercedes collided.
Firefighters attended as one of the vehicles was leaking fluid – the road was temporarily closed at its junction with Bullen’s Green Lane as a result.
A spokesman for St Albans Fire Station said that the occupants of both vehicles were safely out of the cars when firefighters arrived.
He added: “One of the vehicles was on fire, so we had to extinguish it.”
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was made safe by 10.18am, and both cars were recovered.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'