Two-car collision in Colney Heath
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Emergency services rushed to a two-vehicle collision in St Albans district this morning (Friday), after receiving reports of a car being alight.
Herts Police were called at 9.20am to Tollgate Road in Colney Heath after a green VW Polo and a white Mercedes collided.
Firefighters attended as one of the vehicles was leaking fluid – the road was temporarily closed at its junction with Bullen’s Green Lane as a result.
A spokesman for St Albans Fire Station said that the occupants of both vehicles were safely out of the cars when firefighters arrived.
He added: “One of the vehicles was on fire, so we had to extinguish it.”
The vehicle was made safe by 10.18am, and both cars were recovered.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown