Triathlon tests for Grove House hospice
OVERWHELMING evidence tells us that keeping fit and active can reduce cancer risk so what better reason to get out the running shoes and start training for one of Grove House’s brand new events?
This year in addition to the current running, walking and cycling events already in the Grove House calendar, the hospice has added three new exciting challenges to encourage people to get moving and raise money.
Always difficult to get, Grove House has secured five places in The Virgin Active London Triathlon on July 30 and 31 (www.thelondontriathlon.com), organised in partnership with Virgin Active Health Clubs.
It is an opportunity to take part in the world’s largest and most iconic triathlon with distances starting from as little as a 400m swim, 10km bike and 2.5km run.
So enter individually or as a team, set up a just giving page, tell your friends and get training.
You may also want to watch:
With the summer over and the children back to school, September might be the time to take part in the new London half marathon, Run to the Beat, setting off from O2 Arena on September 25 (www.runtothebeat.co.uk). It has music to motivate you as you run around London raising money for the the hospice.
Perhaps you feel a longer training period might be helpful – Grove House has places in the Abingdon Marathon on October 16 (www.abingdonmarathon.org.uk). The popular and well-established run has been a regular event in the Oxfordshire calendar for 30 years and provides an ideal opportunity to raise funds for Grove House.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Grove House fundraiser, Emma Taylor, said: “Grove House is working hard to raise more funds than ever before this year, we hope people will be inspired to take part in one of these new and exciting events. If you already have a place in another challenge event, why not set up a just giving page and raise money for Grove House at the same time as getting fit.”
To sign up, find out more about any of the events or to arrange to do your own phone the events hotline on 01727 731002 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk