Firefighters deal with large fallen tree in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A large tree has toppled over in the centre of St Albans.
Firefighters rushed to St Peter’s Road at about 9.40am this morning because the Horse Chestnut had fallen into an open space.
No one was hurt in the incident.
It is not yet clear why the tree fell over.
Head of planning and building control at St Albans district council, Tracy Harvey, said: “An agent on behalf of the landowner is arranging for contractors to carry out work to clear the fallen tree and to remove damaged limbs from an adjacent tree.
You may also want to watch:
“We have suggested possible replacement planting.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures