Firefighters deal with large fallen tree in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A large tree has toppled over in the centre of St Albans.
Firefighters rushed to St Peter’s Road at about 9.40am this morning because the Horse Chestnut had fallen into an open space.
No one was hurt in the incident.
It is not yet clear why the tree fell over.
Head of planning and building control at St Albans district council, Tracy Harvey, said: “An agent on behalf of the landowner is arranging for contractors to carry out work to clear the fallen tree and to remove damaged limbs from an adjacent tree.
You may also want to watch:
“We have suggested possible replacement planting.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden