Travellers pitch up on Harpenden Common
CARAVANS, believed to belong to a group of travellers, have pitched up on Harpenden Common.
The group began to arrive late yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon and remained at the site overnight.
It is thought there are currently 12 caravans on the common and it is not known if more are due to arrive.
Harpenden Mayor, Cllr Michael Weaver, said that the town council would be seeking an order to have the Travellers removed from the site.
“It’s quite likely that they will be on site now for a week, but we hope to get them moved on,” he said.
Police are currently on the scene.
More to follow.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead