Travellers pitch up on Harpenden Common
CARAVANS, believed to belong to a group of travellers, have pitched up on Harpenden Common.
The group began to arrive late yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon and remained at the site overnight.
It is thought there are currently 12 caravans on the common and it is not known if more are due to arrive.
Harpenden Mayor, Cllr Michael Weaver, said that the town council would be seeking an order to have the Travellers removed from the site.
“It’s quite likely that they will be on site now for a week, but we hope to get them moved on,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently on the scene.
More to follow.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images