Travellers pitch up on Harpenden Common
CARAVANS, believed to belong to a group of travellers, have pitched up on Harpenden Common.
The group began to arrive late yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon and remained at the site overnight.
It is thought there are currently 12 caravans on the common and it is not known if more are due to arrive.
Harpenden Mayor, Cllr Michael Weaver, said that the town council would be seeking an order to have the Travellers removed from the site.
“It’s quite likely that they will be on site now for a week, but we hope to get them moved on,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently on the scene.
More to follow.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district