Trainee counsellors celebrate graduation with visit from St Albans councillor
- Credit: Archant
A counselling charity has welcomed a mental health champion at a graduation event to celebrate the success of trainee counsellors.
The Counselling Foundation, which provides training to help improve mental health, welcomed St Albans councillor, Anthony Rowlands, also known as The Mental Health Champion, as a guest speaker at the 2016 graduation for trainees studying to becoming counsellors.
More than 120 people from the foundation joined the trainees, along with their friends and families, to celebrate their efforts and achievements at the Aubrey Park Hotel in Redbourn.
Cllr Rowlands, who has dedicated his time to improving mental health in the area, said: “Qualified counsellors and therapists can bring relief and hope to people who are struggling to cope with life’s challenges.
“Often, this is tough work and we rightly honour and acknowledge those who have chosen this vocation. Congratulations to the graduates.”
Charity CEO, Robert Cuming, added: “This event commemorates the success of our students and all their hard work they have dedicated to becoming counsellors, one of the most rewarding careers available.
“We were honoured to have Anthony Rowlands as our guest speaker and look forward to working together to bring better awareness of mental health and the counselling services we provide here in Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 3 Club night revival in St Albans
- 4 Woman in her 60s seriously injured in St Peter's Street crash
- 5 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 6 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP reacts to new hospitals probe
The foundation’s part-time training scheme is set to start in 2017, which includes one-day workshops and a six-week introduction to a counselling course. For more information visit www.counsellingfoundation.org.