Train misery for Thameslink rail users
- Credit: Archant
Thameslink rail users face severe disruption this evening due to a lack of train crew and faults on a train.
Thameslink lists numerous services online which have been affected by disruption.
The 18.07 Three Bridges to Bedford is now due at 20.13 and will be eight coaches instead of 12 with first class declassified.
The 18.54 Bedford to Brighton is listed as being due at 21.24 with a further note underneath saying the service is cancelled due to ‘availability of train crew’.
Similarly, the 19.05 Brighton to Bedford is listed as due at 21.35 only for a note underneath to say it will be cancelled due to ‘a fault on a train’.
Further Bedford to Brighton trains have been cancelled due to faults and a lack of crew.
The 21.47 Sutton Surrey to Bedford is now due at 00.02, but will be terminated at London Blackfriars and will no longer call at its usual stops, including Harpenden and St Albans.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
The 22.05, 22.33 and 23.37 Brighton to Bedford services are all listed as cancelled.
Rail misery continues into the early hours of tomorrow as well.