Train misery for Thameslink rail users
- Credit: Archant
Thameslink rail users face severe disruption this evening due to a lack of train crew and faults on a train.
Thameslink lists numerous services online which have been affected by disruption.
The 18.07 Three Bridges to Bedford is now due at 20.13 and will be eight coaches instead of 12 with first class declassified.
The 18.54 Bedford to Brighton is listed as being due at 21.24 with a further note underneath saying the service is cancelled due to ‘availability of train crew’.
Similarly, the 19.05 Brighton to Bedford is listed as due at 21.35 only for a note underneath to say it will be cancelled due to ‘a fault on a train’.
You may also want to watch:
Further Bedford to Brighton trains have been cancelled due to faults and a lack of crew.
The 21.47 Sutton Surrey to Bedford is now due at 00.02, but will be terminated at London Blackfriars and will no longer call at its usual stops, including Harpenden and St Albans.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The 22.05, 22.33 and 23.37 Brighton to Bedford services are all listed as cancelled.
Rail misery continues into the early hours of tomorrow as well.