Train fun day being held in Harpenden
- Credit: Submitted
Harpenden will host a train fun day tomorrow (Saturday) at the High Street Methodist Church.
There will be lots of activities for children including icing biscuits, a story telling corner, various train displays to see, quizzes and Thomas the Tank engine up on the big screen.
And there is plenty for grown ups too, with steam train DVDs, a display from the St Albans Signal box volunteers and of course the station buffet which will be serving a range of refreshments throughout the day.
Organiser Joseph Hammond said he expected the event to be a huge success, like last year’s fun day which saw plenty of parents and children enjoying the train-themed day.
Entrance is just £1 and all funds raised will be donated to the charity Living Hope, which works to prevent, care and treat children and parents affected by chronic and terminal illness in South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
• The second Train Fun Day takes place on Saturday September 5, running from 10am - 2pm.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book