Train fun day being held in Harpenden
- Credit: Submitted
Harpenden will host a train fun day tomorrow (Saturday) at the High Street Methodist Church.
There will be lots of activities for children including icing biscuits, a story telling corner, various train displays to see, quizzes and Thomas the Tank engine up on the big screen.
And there is plenty for grown ups too, with steam train DVDs, a display from the St Albans Signal box volunteers and of course the station buffet which will be serving a range of refreshments throughout the day.
Organiser Joseph Hammond said he expected the event to be a huge success, like last year’s fun day which saw plenty of parents and children enjoying the train-themed day.
Entrance is just £1 and all funds raised will be donated to the charity Living Hope, which works to prevent, care and treat children and parents affected by chronic and terminal illness in South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
• The second Train Fun Day takes place on Saturday September 5, running from 10am - 2pm.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes