Train fault causes delays affecting St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption to train services this evening running through Harpenden and St Albans.
A message on Network Rail’s website reads: “Earlier today the 15:59 Three Bridges to Bedford service developed a train fault just outside of St Pancras station.
“As a result, this service came to a halt outside of St Pancras station whilst the driver discussed the fault with engineers. “This service is now on the move.
“Due to the congestion caused by this fault, you are advised that services towards Bedford are subject to delays, alteration and possible cancellations.
“You are also advised to check prior to travel and allow extra time for your journey this evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently the 5.51pm service to Bedford is running 14 minutes late, while the 5.56pm, 6.02pm, 6.12pm, 6.21pm and 6.26pm trains are also running behind schedule – with delays ranging between three and 16 minutes.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district