Train fault causes delays affecting St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption to train services this evening running through Harpenden and St Albans.
A message on Network Rail’s website reads: “Earlier today the 15:59 Three Bridges to Bedford service developed a train fault just outside of St Pancras station.
“As a result, this service came to a halt outside of St Pancras station whilst the driver discussed the fault with engineers. “This service is now on the move.
“Due to the congestion caused by this fault, you are advised that services towards Bedford are subject to delays, alteration and possible cancellations.
“You are also advised to check prior to travel and allow extra time for your journey this evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently the 5.51pm service to Bedford is running 14 minutes late, while the 5.56pm, 6.02pm, 6.12pm, 6.21pm and 6.26pm trains are also running behind schedule – with delays ranging between three and 16 minutes.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020