Train fault causes delays affecting St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption to train services this evening running through Harpenden and St Albans.
A message on Network Rail’s website reads: “Earlier today the 15:59 Three Bridges to Bedford service developed a train fault just outside of St Pancras station.
“As a result, this service came to a halt outside of St Pancras station whilst the driver discussed the fault with engineers. “This service is now on the move.
“Due to the congestion caused by this fault, you are advised that services towards Bedford are subject to delays, alteration and possible cancellations.
“You are also advised to check prior to travel and allow extra time for your journey this evening.”
Currently the 5.51pm service to Bedford is running 14 minutes late, while the 5.56pm, 6.02pm, 6.12pm, 6.21pm and 6.26pm trains are also running behind schedule – with delays ranging between three and 16 minutes.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time