Train Chaos Continues For FCC Passengers
TRAIN chaos continued this morning as First Capital Connect (FCC) failed to maintain a normal service. Due to the continuing cold snap, FCC is only offering two trains an hour between Bedford and Brighton and is suggesting that travellers use buses instea
TRAIN chaos continued this morning as First Capital Connect (FCC) failed to maintain a normal service.
Due to the continuing cold snap, FCC is only offering two trains an hour between Bedford and Brighton and is suggesting that travellers use buses instead to alleviate the crowding.
Portfolio Holder for Community Engagement and Support Cllr Anthony Rowlands said that St Albans city station was "chaotic" this morning: "There are hundreds if not thousands of commuters waiting for a train and the last one was so packed that nobody could fit on. It beggars belief that FCC couldn't sort the service out over the weekend."
FCC said on their website this morning that it has been extremely difficult to manage the cold weather and added: "There have been many failures associated with the railway and we are still suffering the repercussions of these. This continues to have a severe impact on our service for which we sincerely apologise."
For up-to-date information on FCC rail travel, log on to their website at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 5 St Albans MP unveils new state-of-the art teaching centre as part of multi-million pound Oaklands College redevelopment
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village