Train Chaos Continues For FCC Passengers
TRAIN chaos continued this morning as First Capital Connect (FCC) failed to maintain a normal service. Due to the continuing cold snap, FCC is only offering two trains an hour between Bedford and Brighton and is suggesting that travellers use buses instea
TRAIN chaos continued this morning as First Capital Connect (FCC) failed to maintain a normal service.
Due to the continuing cold snap, FCC is only offering two trains an hour between Bedford and Brighton and is suggesting that travellers use buses instead to alleviate the crowding.
Portfolio Holder for Community Engagement and Support Cllr Anthony Rowlands said that St Albans city station was "chaotic" this morning: "There are hundreds if not thousands of commuters waiting for a train and the last one was so packed that nobody could fit on. It beggars belief that FCC couldn't sort the service out over the weekend."
FCC said on their website this morning that it has been extremely difficult to manage the cold weather and added: "There have been many failures associated with the railway and we are still suffering the repercussions of these. This continues to have a severe impact on our service for which we sincerely apologise."
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-date information on FCC rail travel, log on to their website at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans