Tragic death at recycling plant
A MAN died after getting trapped in machinery on an industrial estate in Radlett yesterday afternoon.
The 29-year-old from Hatfield was pronounced dead at the recycling plant on the Ivory Industrial Estate, Harper Lane.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) attended with crews from Berkhamstead, St Albans and Watford as well as the Trust’s hazardous area response team (HART). Two fire engines from St Albans Fire Station and the rescue crew from Hatfield, equipped with specialist equipment, assisted the ambulance service in trying to rescue the man.
The incident happened around 4.30pm.
Gary Sanderson, spokesperson for the ambulance service, said: “First and foremost our thoughts are with the man’s family at this tragic time.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a very delicate and difficult incident for all the emergency services to deal with and sadly, after everyone’s best efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
The police say they are now investigating the circumstances along with the Health and Safety Executive.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season