Westminster Lodge car park resurfaced to create more spaces at St Albans leisure centre
- Credit: picture supplied
The temporary car park at Westminster Lodge in St Albans has been resurfaced, creating 62 permanent parking spaces.
The car park, which is used by visitors to Verulamium Park and other parts of St Albans, has been resurfaced in a bid to provide extra spaces, particularly during the summer months when an increased number of families use the facilities.
Cllr Brian Ellis, St Albans council’s portfolio holder for housing, announced the completion at a cabinet meeting last week.
He said: “I am glad to report that the work was finished as planned, in time for the summer holidays.
“This is when usage of the leisure centre and the adjoining Verulamium Park are at their peak.”
You may also want to watch:
The council also arranged for land surrounding the neighbouring sea cadet premises to be resurfaced to provide a new parade ground.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash