Westminster Lodge car park resurfaced to create more spaces at St Albans leisure centre
- Credit: picture supplied
The temporary car park at Westminster Lodge in St Albans has been resurfaced, creating 62 permanent parking spaces.
The car park, which is used by visitors to Verulamium Park and other parts of St Albans, has been resurfaced in a bid to provide extra spaces, particularly during the summer months when an increased number of families use the facilities.
Cllr Brian Ellis, St Albans council’s portfolio holder for housing, announced the completion at a cabinet meeting last week.
He said: “I am glad to report that the work was finished as planned, in time for the summer holidays.
“This is when usage of the leisure centre and the adjoining Verulamium Park are at their peak.”
You may also want to watch:
The council also arranged for land surrounding the neighbouring sea cadet premises to be resurfaced to provide a new parade ground.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests