M1 delays after three-vehicle crash between St Albans and Luton
- Credit: Traffic England
A three-car crash on the M1 near St Albans caused delays of around 40 minutes earlier today (Sunday, February 27).
The cars collided on the M1 northbound between junction 8 (Hemel Hempstead) and junction 9 (Redbourn) at around 2pm.
According to National Highways, three out of four lanes were closed on the motorway, leading to tailbacks of around 4.5 miles.
Hertfordshire Constabulary attended the incident and said that nobody had been injured.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 2.06pm today to a report of a collision on the M1 northbound between junctions 8 and 9.
"A green Fiat 500, a grey and black Renault Captur, and a grey Vauxhall Astra were involved.
"Nobody was injured and officers left the scene shortly before 3pm, with Highways taking over."
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 6 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 9 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 10 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
National Highways announced that the incident had been cleared on Twitter at 3.06pm.
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org