Hundreds of homes affected by power cuts across Herts following Storm Ciara
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes in Hertfordshire continue to be in a power outage after Storm Ciara battered the country for much of yesterday.
UK Power Networks have confirmed that around 338 homes still remain in a power cut this morning,
Impacted areas include AL5 4 in Harpenden, AL4 9 in St Albans, SG8 8 in Reed, and SG4 7 and SG7 6 around Hitchin.
Disruption in AL post codes is expected to be restored between 8.30pm and 9.30pm tonight, with SG8 expected between 3.30pm and 4.30pm.
The electricity company has restored power for 91 per cent of postcodes affected across the country, according to a statement made on Twitter.
To keep up to date with information regarding power cuts, go to ukpowernetworks.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
To report an overhead line that is down following the storm, call the emergency power cut helpline on 105.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans