Hundreds of homes affected by power cuts across Herts following Storm Ciara
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes in Hertfordshire continue to be in a power outage after Storm Ciara battered the country for much of yesterday.
UK Power Networks have confirmed that around 338 homes still remain in a power cut this morning,
Impacted areas include AL5 4 in Harpenden, AL4 9 in St Albans, SG8 8 in Reed, and SG4 7 and SG7 6 around Hitchin.
Disruption in AL post codes is expected to be restored between 8.30pm and 9.30pm tonight, with SG8 expected between 3.30pm and 4.30pm.
The electricity company has restored power for 91 per cent of postcodes affected across the country, according to a statement made on Twitter.
To keep up to date with information regarding power cuts, go to ukpowernetworks.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
To report an overhead line that is down following the storm, call the emergency power cut helpline on 105.
- 1 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 2 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 3 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 8 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 9 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre