Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- Credit: Google Maps
A moped has crashed with a pedestrian on St Peter's Street, St Albans.
The incident occurred at approximately 3.55pm today (Tuesday, July 5).
Officers from Hertfordshire Police are currently on the scene, along with paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service.
Road closures are also in place.
Hertfordshire Police have asked pedestrians and motorists to avoid the area.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at around 3.55pm today (Tuesday 5 July) following a road traffic collision in St Peter’s Street, St Albans.
"It was reported that a moped and a pedestrian were involved.
- 1 Meet the Conservative candidate bidding to be St Albans' new MP
- 2 IN PICTURES: Classics on the Common returns to Harpenden
- 3 St Albans pub teams up with top chef to open new restaurant
- 4 Major changes proposed for planning application process
- 5 New name for Clarence Park after St Albans City strike five-figure naming rights deal
- 6 Abbot John of Wheathampstead reburied at St Albans Cathedral
- 7 Warning after increase in doorstep rogue traders
- 8 St Albans history: Five days of tumult and riot
- 9 Amy Platten recovers in style to win Commonwealth bronze
- 10 Area Guide: The Childwickbury Estate in Hertfordshire
"Officers are currently on scene, alongside the ambulance service and road closures are in place.
"People are asked to please avoid the area."
An earlier statement from Hertfordshire County Council read: "A1081 St Peter's Street, StAlbans - road closed due to a serious RTC (road traffic collision) near Victoria St.
"Police on scene.
"Please avoid the area."