One lane closed on M25 following crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: www.motorwaycameras.co.uk
There is currently more than five miles of congestion on the M25 following a collision near Junction 24.
Update: Highways England tweeted: "this is now just a lane 1 closure, please pass with care.
"please be aware delays are still building on the M25 clockwise between J21a StAlbans and J25 Cheshunt #A10 now adding at least 90 minutes to normal journey times. Congestion currently covering approximately 10.5 miles."
Original: Highways England tweeted: "M25 clockwise J24 towards J25 - lanes 1 and 2 (of 4) currently closed following a collision. Please approach with caution.
"Hertfordshire Greater London please be aware this incident is currently causing approx. 5.6 miles of congestion on the M25 clockwise adding at least 45 minutes to normal journey times between J23 South Mimms A1(M) and J25 Cheshunt A10 plan ahead if travelling this afternoon."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic conditions are expected to return to normal between 7.15pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 2 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 3 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 7 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre