Driver seriously injured after crash on M25
- Credit: Highways England
A driver was seriously injured in a crash on the M25 this morning, with another crash happening in the same area shortly afterwards.
Police were called shortly after 6.45am today (Friday, October 29) following a road traffic collision on the anticlockwise carriageway of the M25, between junctions 23 and 22.
It was reported that three vehicles were involved, one of which was not at the scene on police arrival.
The driver of one of the vehicles, a Ford Transit van, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
J23 anticlockwise entry slip has been opened and the main carriageway at J23 will be opened shortly.
There is one lane running past the scene of the incident between J23 and J22.
Expect delays of up to 90 minutes above normal travel time and 8.7 miles of congestion back past J25.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
- 4 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 5 Conservative MP's response to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 8 Trees planted across Harpenden as part of environment projects
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
Two vehicles were recovered and Highways are currently in attendance to clear debris and spillages from the carriageway.
A damage-only collision took place just behind the previous crash a short time later, involving two vehicles.
No one was injured and Highways are arranging recovery of the vehicles.