Driver seriously injured after crash on M25
- Credit: Highways England
A driver was seriously injured in a crash on the M25 this morning, with another crash happening in the same area shortly afterwards.
Police were called shortly after 6.45am today (Friday, October 29) following a road traffic collision on the anticlockwise carriageway of the M25, between junctions 23 and 22.
It was reported that three vehicles were involved, one of which was not at the scene on police arrival.
The driver of one of the vehicles, a Ford Transit van, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
J23 anticlockwise entry slip has been opened and the main carriageway at J23 will be opened shortly.
There is one lane running past the scene of the incident between J23 and J22.
Expect delays of up to 90 minutes above normal travel time and 8.7 miles of congestion back past J25.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Two vehicles were recovered and Highways are currently in attendance to clear debris and spillages from the carriageway.
A damage-only collision took place just behind the previous crash a short time later, involving two vehicles.
No one was injured and Highways are arranging recovery of the vehicles.