Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- Credit: National Highways
Two crashes caused severe midday disruption to motorists near St Albans and Watford.
A crash blocked the M1 southbound exit at junction 6 for the A406 (Watford and St Albans) today (May 20).
The M1 "incident" and road traffic collision blocked the entire exit slip-road.
The road reopened at around 3pm.
There was also a crash on the M25 clockwise between junction 16 (M40, Uxbridge), and junction 17 (A412, Maple Cross), approaching Watford.
The M25 crash blocked three out of four lanes.
It has since cleared.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 6 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Tailbacks began at the M3 near Chertsey in Surrey, and stretched past Heathrow Airports to the M40.
An earlier queue began at junction 22 (A1081, St Albans) and ran anti-clockwise to the M40 at Uxbridge.
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: email@example.com