'Long delays' follow A414 crash near St Albans
- Credit: Google Maps
"Long delays" have been caused by a crash on the A414 North Orbital Road, near St Albans.
The incident occurred at around 7.55am this morning (Thursday, July 14), close to the Park Street Roundabout.
Officers from Hertfordshire Police attended the scene and motorists were advised to avoid the area, if at all possible.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said at the time: "Police were called at around 7.55am today (Thursday 14 July) following a road traffic collision on the A414 North Orbital Road near the Park Street roundabout.
"Officers are currently on scene and people are asked to please avoid the area at this time."
Traffic continued to build on the A414's eastbound carriageway, and the North Orbital Road's Northbound carriageway approaching the roundabout.
An earlier statement from Hertfordshire County Council's HCC Highways Twitter page read: "Incident: A414, North Orbital Road, St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
"Long delays due to an RTC (Road Traffic Collision)."
The road is now clear.