Two people hospitalised after Holywell Hill crash
- Credit: Harry Rutter
The A5183 Holywell Hill is closed after a crash between Westminster Lodge and The Peahen.
A statement from Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at 2pm today (Monday, December 21) to reports of a road traffic collision on Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"A motorcycle and a pedestrian had been in collision.
"The male rider and a female pedestrian were taken to hospital to be assessed.
"The road was initially closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, the road remains closed towards the town centre from Westminster Lodge while oil/fuel is cleared from the carriageway."
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles attended a road traffic collision involving a male motorcyclist and a female pedestrian on Holywell Hill in St Albans just after 2pm yesterday afternoon.
"Both patients were transported to Watford General Hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening.”
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 4 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 5 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 8 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 9 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate