Two people hospitalised after Holywell Hill crash
- Credit: Harry Rutter
The A5183 Holywell Hill is closed after a crash between Westminster Lodge and The Peahen.
A statement from Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at 2pm today (Monday, December 21) to reports of a road traffic collision on Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"A motorcycle and a pedestrian had been in collision.
"The male rider and a female pedestrian were taken to hospital to be assessed.
"The road was initially closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, the road remains closed towards the town centre from Westminster Lodge while oil/fuel is cleared from the carriageway."
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles attended a road traffic collision involving a male motorcyclist and a female pedestrian on Holywell Hill in St Albans just after 2pm yesterday afternoon.
"Both patients were transported to Watford General Hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind