Two people hospitalised after Holywell Hill crash
- Credit: Harry Rutter
The A5183 Holywell Hill is closed after a crash between Westminster Lodge and The Peahen.
A statement from Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at 2pm today (Monday, December 21) to reports of a road traffic collision on Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"A motorcycle and a pedestrian had been in collision.
"The male rider and a female pedestrian were taken to hospital to be assessed.
"The road was initially closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, the road remains closed towards the town centre from Westminster Lodge while oil/fuel is cleared from the carriageway."
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles attended a road traffic collision involving a male motorcyclist and a female pedestrian on Holywell Hill in St Albans just after 2pm yesterday afternoon.
"Both patients were transported to Watford General Hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?