Two people hospitalised after Holywell Hill crash
- Credit: Harry Rutter
The A5183 Holywell Hill is closed after a crash between Westminster Lodge and The Peahen.
A statement from Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at 2pm today (Monday, December 21) to reports of a road traffic collision on Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"A motorcycle and a pedestrian had been in collision.
"The male rider and a female pedestrian were taken to hospital to be assessed.
"The road was initially closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, the road remains closed towards the town centre from Westminster Lodge while oil/fuel is cleared from the carriageway."
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two ambulances and two rapid response vehicles attended a road traffic collision involving a male motorcyclist and a female pedestrian on Holywell Hill in St Albans just after 2pm yesterday afternoon.
"Both patients were transported to Watford General Hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening.”
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 8 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 9 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area