Crash on M1 southbound near Harpenden
- Credit: Google Maps
A crash has taken place on the M1's southbound carriageway, near Harpenden.
The incident occurred at around 6.50am this morning (Friday, July 15), between Junction 10 for Luton Airport and Junction 9 for Harpenden.
Hertfordshire Police attended the scene and traffic was temporarily stopped, whilst the incident was dealt with by the emergency services.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: "Police were called at around 6.50am today (Friday, July 15), following a collision on the M1 southbound between junctions 10 and 9.
"No one was reported to have been injured and the incident was subsequently managed by (National) Highways."
With no injuries reported, three lanes of traffic were reopened.
Lane Four (of four) remained closed for a time, with five miles of congestion on approach.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 4 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 5 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 6 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
Motorists experienced delays of approximately 40 minutes above their normal journey times.
At approximately 7.50am, all lanes were reopened with the road now clear.