Multi-vehicle crash blocks M1 between St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Highways England
A multi-vehicle crash blocked the M1 between St Albans and Harpenden this morning.
Police and traffic officers from Highways England worked to clear the vehicles which blocked lanes earlier today (March 12).
At around 11.50am Highways England Tweeted: “The M1 in Hertfordshire is partially blocked northbound between J8 and J9 due to a multi vehicle collision.
“Traffic Officers are en-route to the scene. Please take care past the scene.
“Hertfordshire Police are on scene and clearing the scene, we'll get you moving shortly. Thanks for your patience.”
Around 5 minutes ago officers confirmed that the vehicles had been cleared but one lane remained shut.
They said: “Police have cleared the vehicles involved.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
“Traffic has been released however one lane remains closed past the scene. Please take care on approach. Thanks for your patience.”
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: email@example.com