Ruptured water main on A1 causing delays near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A car has hit a water main on the southbound A1 Barnet Bypass, which has closed two lanes in the area.
Delays are still affecting traffic from the A1 southbound, between the South Mimms exit on the M25, and the junctions with the A5135 and A1(M).
The ruptured a water main has also flooded an electricity sub station.
Herts Fire and Rescue and BCH Road Policing is working on fixing it and says there are still lots of hazards in the area.
They also advise that motorist avoid the A1 for now.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England expects normal traffic conditions to return before 2.45pm.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans