Ruptured water main on A1 causing delays near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A car has hit a water main on the southbound A1 Barnet Bypass, which has closed two lanes in the area.
Delays are still affecting traffic from the A1 southbound, between the South Mimms exit on the M25, and the junctions with the A5135 and A1(M).
The ruptured a water main has also flooded an electricity sub station.
Herts Fire and Rescue and BCH Road Policing is working on fixing it and says there are still lots of hazards in the area.
They also advise that motorist avoid the A1 for now.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England expects normal traffic conditions to return before 2.45pm.
- 1 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 2 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 3 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 7 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre