Traffic warnings in advance of Harpenden Classics on the Common
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s annual classic car show is rolling into onto the Common on Wednesday - and motorists are warned to expect traffic delays in the vicinity.
The Classics on the Common event, which will take place between 2-8pm, will feature more than 1,000 classic cars, motor cycles and scooters and is expected to have in excess of 10,000 visitors.
Visitors are advised to use public transport as Harpenden town centre will be exceptionally busy.
Leyton Road will be southbound only from 2pm, with traffic delays highly likely.
The Harpenden Rovers’ field will be transformed from a football pitch to a car park for the day, subject to the condition of the grounds. Entry and exit to the field will be via Cravells Road, and spectators going to the event are advised to cross Walkers Road to reach the main Common.
You may also want to watch:
Parking at Rothamsted Research will be available after 6pm, and will be signposted appropriately.
No display vehicles will be permitted without entry tickets which have sold out in advance.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Last year’s show, which is organised by Harpenden Village Rotary Club, raised £30,000 for charities including Keech Hospice Care and Herts Action on Disability. While the show is free to visitors donations are appreciated.
More information on the event can be found here.