Traffic warning for this weekend's Herts County Show
A TRAFFIC management plan has been adopted by police to keep hold-ups around the Herts County Show in Redbourn to a minimum this weekend. But motorists have been warned to expect delays, with the worst affected roads likely to be the A5, the Redbourn by-p
A TRAFFIC management plan has been adopted by police to keep hold-ups around the Herts County Show in Redbourn to a minimum this weekend.
But motorists have been warned to expect delays, with the worst affected roads likely to be the A5, the Redbourn by-pass, Redbourn Road and the Hemel Hempstead Road heading towards the show, as well as Junction 9 of the M1.
Harpenden Neighbourhood Sergeant Lewis Ducket said: "We have put plans in place to manage the traffic flow. However the show is expecting a large number of visitors so inevitably there will be delays.
"For people attending, I'd ask you to be patient if you are in a queue of traffic. For those who don't wish to attend, I'd advise you to find an alternative route."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "The peak times will be in the morning and late afternoons, but exhibitors will also be trying to get to the showground beforehand. With everyone's co-operation, the two-day event should run smoothly.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind