Traffic delays on the M1
Man seriously injured in traffic collision
THE DRIVER of a lorry involved in a traffic collision on the M1 this morning is in a serious but stable condition at St Mary’s hospital in Paddington.
Police were called at 10.20am following reports of a collision at junction 6a of the M1 on the southbound slip road that joins the eastbound M25.
The driver of the lorry, a man in his 30s, sustained serious injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. No other vehicles were involved.
An air ambulance landed at the scene, and the Herts Fire and Rescue and ambulance services also attended.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been delayed as a result of the collision, and motorists are being advised to try and avoid this area if possible, as clearing of the lorry’s load is still underway. It is expected to be complete by about 4.30pm.
In order to bypass the scene, motorists travelling southbound on the M1 are advised to leave the motorway at junction 7, join the A414 and then follow the signs to the M25.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
The following diversions have been put in place: exit the M1 at junction 7, join the A414, then onto the A405 and rejoin the M25 at junction 21A. Or, exit at junction 6A of the M1 and join the westbound M25 slip road; motorists can then turn back at junction 20. You can also exit the M1 at junction 6, join the A405 eastbound, then join the M25 at junction 21A.