Traffic delays likely in London Colney
MOTORISTS have been warned of possible delays during an emergency closure of a busy stretch of the westbound A414 tonight for repairs.
A spokeswoman for Herts county council (HCC) said the A414 North Orbital Road will be closed from 8pm, Friday July 20, for emergency resurfacing and drainage repairs after prolonged bad weather severely damaged a section of the road.
The closure is westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and road crews.
The spokeswoman said: “Hopefully the work will be completed overnight but if the damage to the road is worse than it looks work will have to continue tomorrow (July 21).”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion will be in place and motorists are advised to allow extra time for journeys while the repair work is completed.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style