Traffic delays likely in London Colney
MOTORISTS have been warned of possible delays during an emergency closure of a busy stretch of the westbound A414 tonight for repairs.
A spokeswoman for Herts county council (HCC) said the A414 North Orbital Road will be closed from 8pm, Friday July 20, for emergency resurfacing and drainage repairs after prolonged bad weather severely damaged a section of the road.
The closure is westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and road crews.
The spokeswoman said: “Hopefully the work will be completed overnight but if the damage to the road is worse than it looks work will have to continue tomorrow (July 21).”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion will be in place and motorists are advised to allow extra time for journeys while the repair work is completed.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans