Traffic delays likely in London Colney
MOTORISTS have been warned of possible delays during an emergency closure of a busy stretch of the westbound A414 tonight for repairs.
A spokeswoman for Herts county council (HCC) said the A414 North Orbital Road will be closed from 8pm, Friday July 20, for emergency resurfacing and drainage repairs after prolonged bad weather severely damaged a section of the road.
The closure is westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and road crews.
The spokeswoman said: “Hopefully the work will be completed overnight but if the damage to the road is worse than it looks work will have to continue tomorrow (July 21).”
A signed diversion will be in place and motorists are advised to allow extra time for journeys while the repair work is completed.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school