Traffic chaos after M25 accident
TWO people were injured after a six-car pile up on the M25 this morning.
Fire crews from St Albans and Potters Bar struggled to get to the scene on the clockwise carriageway near junction 23 because of the roadworks. Access was eventually made possible when crews travelled in the oncoming lane.
One man suffered a cut to the head and police say another male suffered back and abdominal pains but firefighters took the roof off his car to ensure he could be removed carefully.
The crash happened around 6.30am and traffic was soon queuing back to junction 17, Maple Cross. Southbound traffic on the M1 was also delayed and along the A414.
Lines of traffic soon built up through London Colney as drivers sought alternative routes to the motorway.
The motorway was closed while clean-up works were completed with traffic redirected round the incident via the slip roads. The vehicles were removed and the road reopened at around 9am.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group