Traffic chaos after M25 accident
TWO people were injured after a six-car pile up on the M25 this morning.
Fire crews from St Albans and Potters Bar struggled to get to the scene on the clockwise carriageway near junction 23 because of the roadworks. Access was eventually made possible when crews travelled in the oncoming lane.
One man suffered a cut to the head and police say another male suffered back and abdominal pains but firefighters took the roof off his car to ensure he could be removed carefully.
The crash happened around 6.30am and traffic was soon queuing back to junction 17, Maple Cross. Southbound traffic on the M1 was also delayed and along the A414.
Lines of traffic soon built up through London Colney as drivers sought alternative routes to the motorway.
You may also want to watch:
The motorway was closed while clean-up works were completed with traffic redirected round the incident via the slip roads. The vehicles were removed and the road reopened at around 9am.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'