Traffic bulletin: anti-clockwise M25 at junction 21A fully reopened
- Credit: Archant
Drivers travelling on the anticlockwise M25 near St Albans are advised that the main carriageway is now fully open at Junction 21A.
In a statement issued at 4.15pm, Highways England said: “The anticlockwise M25 was closed earlier today [Friday] between junctions 21A and 19 for safety reasons due to pooling water on the main carriageway and links to the southbound and northbound M1, after torrential downpours in the early hours of the morning.
“Highways England would like to thank people for their patience while its service provider worked to clear more than 120,000 litres of surface water - equivalent to 1,500 bath tubs full - and re-open the motorway.
“Motorists are asked to drive carefully as the crew is still working within the hard shoulder of the M25 and on the link from the A405 North Orbital Road onto the M25 at junction 21A.”
See www.trafficengland.com or @HighwaysEAST on Twitter for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Road users can also call the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000 to keep up to date with traffic conditions.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart