Traffic bulletin: anti-clockwise M25 at junction 21A fully reopened
- Credit: Archant
Drivers travelling on the anticlockwise M25 near St Albans are advised that the main carriageway is now fully open at Junction 21A.
In a statement issued at 4.15pm, Highways England said: “The anticlockwise M25 was closed earlier today [Friday] between junctions 21A and 19 for safety reasons due to pooling water on the main carriageway and links to the southbound and northbound M1, after torrential downpours in the early hours of the morning.
“Highways England would like to thank people for their patience while its service provider worked to clear more than 120,000 litres of surface water - equivalent to 1,500 bath tubs full - and re-open the motorway.
“Motorists are asked to drive carefully as the crew is still working within the hard shoulder of the M25 and on the link from the A405 North Orbital Road onto the M25 at junction 21A.”
See www.trafficengland.com or @HighwaysEAST on Twitter for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Road users can also call the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000 to keep up to date with traffic conditions.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly