St Albans Young Farmers to take part in charity tractor run
- Credit: Archant
A charity tractor run will be held this week to raise money for the Air Ambulance service.
Hertfordshire Young Farmers clubs are getting together on Sunday to hold the tractor run, which will see a convoy of tractors travelling through the district.
The tractors will set off at 11am from West End Farm in Nomansland Common, before passing through Southdown, Harpenden, Redbourn and Wheathampstead and finishing in St Albans.
More than 25 tractors of all shapes and sizes will be taking part, and farmers will be collecting with buckets on behalf of the charity.
Karen Deacon, “We hope to raise at least £500. We are keen to support this charity because they provide such an important service for the community and we have raised funds for them before.
You may also want to watch:
“My three children belong to St Albans senior Young Farmers Club and will be taking part in the tractor run.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines