Town thump Saints
Ten-man Town see off St Peter’s
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 1 Buntingford Town 5
ST PETER’S turned in their poorest performance of the season as they slumped to a 5-1 home defeat against Buntingford Town.
The writing was on the wall early on as the visitors took the lead with a header from a corner.
Only some good goalkeeping from Billy Barnes stopped Town extending their lead but they did get a second before the break.
The visitors were reduced to ten men early in the second half following a professional foul but that didn’t stop Town adding three more goals despite the best efforts of Barnes.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Carl Costain’s excellent goal did at least allow St Peter’s to maintain their record of scoring in every game this season but manager Dave Whitehead has work to do ahead of Saturday’s Aubrey Cup clash with AFC Hertford.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox (Frost), Gauthier, Wiltshire, Mardel; Rayner (Eames), Taylor, Costain, Beswick; Moss, Norris. Sub not used: Savory.