Town thump Saints
Ten-man Town see off St Peter’s
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 1 Buntingford Town 5
ST PETER’S turned in their poorest performance of the season as they slumped to a 5-1 home defeat against Buntingford Town.
The writing was on the wall early on as the visitors took the lead with a header from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Only some good goalkeeping from Billy Barnes stopped Town extending their lead but they did get a second before the break.
The visitors were reduced to ten men early in the second half following a professional foul but that didn’t stop Town adding three more goals despite the best efforts of Barnes.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Carl Costain’s excellent goal did at least allow St Peter’s to maintain their record of scoring in every game this season but manager Dave Whitehead has work to do ahead of Saturday’s Aubrey Cup clash with AFC Hertford.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox (Frost), Gauthier, Wiltshire, Mardel; Rayner (Eames), Taylor, Costain, Beswick; Moss, Norris. Sub not used: Savory.