TOWIE star Mark Wright meets St Albans slimmers
IT was all-Wright on the night as dieting gurus from St Albans recently got the chance to cuddle a “gorgeous” reality television star.
Hunky Mark Wright set the hearts of Liz Kay and Denise O’Connor aflutter at Slimming World’s annual awards ceremony, where he admitted to having to work hard at staying in shape.
Mark shot to fame on ITV’s The Only Way is Essex before camping in the Australian jungle in the channel’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.
Denise and Liz, who run weekly Slimming World groups in St Albans, London Colney and Colney Heath, were thrilled to meet Mark, who often features in gossip magazines and in the red tops.
Liz said: “Mark is gorgeous. He gives you a good cuddle, and he was lovely – there were loads of us going up for a cuddle, as he was really nice to all the ladies.”
You may also want to watch:
She said that Mark had clearly done a lot of research for his speech at the ceremony, held in Birmingham.
Mark said that he had been “absolutely blown away” by those who had lost a significant amount of weight.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
He added: “Throughout the day I met so many fantastic people, not only the slimmers collecting awards but also amazing people like Liz and Denise who run the groups and help them achieve so much.
“Staying in shape is something that I have to work hard at myself, and I know it’s not always easy.”
The club helps more than a million people every year to lose weight.