TOWIE’s Joey Essex tastes St Albans cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
KING of reem Joey Essex has become the latest celebrity to tuck into a cupcake whipped up by a St Albans businesswoman.
Luisa Zissman, owner of Dixie’s Cupcakery in Market Place, baked a tray of sweet treats for the launch of the reality TV stars’ new fashion boutique Fusey, which opened in Brentwood on Saturday.
The Essex lad, who is a regular on ITV2’s The Only Way is Essex, was snapped taking a bite out of one of her chocolate and vanilla cakes and tweeted they were “lovely”.
Luisa’s cousin Nicola Kalozois, of Bricket Wood, has also designed the branded Fusey t-shirts that are being sold in the 22-year-old’s store. She runs a clothing company called Branded Ego and her other celebrity clients include Joey’s co-stars Sam and Billie Faiers.
Luisa said: “Obviously as with any of our cakes we always make sure they are perfect but when you are baking for a celebrity you do want them to be extra special. It is reem to know TOWIE stars have eaten my cakes.”
In the past Dixie’s Cupcakery has baked for TV dance guru Arlene Phillips and had its cakes sampled by X-Factor winner Shayne Ward.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school