Tour of Britain team visiting St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A Tour of Britain team will be visiting a St Albans brewery while the race stops in Hemel Hempstead.
Team Dimension Data/Qhubeka, cycling star Mark Cavendish’s team, will be giving a presentation on their setup at Watling Street Beer.
Qhubeka is a cycling charity in Africa, which Team Dimension Data works with to bring African cycling talent to world cycling.
Team principal of Dimension Data/Qhubeka, Doug Ryder, said: “I am delighted to be coming to present and speak about the incredible success of Team Dimension Data and give an inside view of what it took to get where we are today.
“We created a team from the African continent with African riders in it and took on the biggest challenge of getting to the Tour de France, in so doing what had never been done before.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an evening of fun and an opportunity to get close to the team that races for a higher purpose.”
The event is at 7pm on Friday, September 8. Tickets are £20, with all proceeds going to Qhubeka, and can be bought from www.watlingstreetbeer.com
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations