Tour of Britain team visiting St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A Tour of Britain team will be visiting a St Albans brewery while the race stops in Hemel Hempstead.
Team Dimension Data/Qhubeka, cycling star Mark Cavendish’s team, will be giving a presentation on their setup at Watling Street Beer.
Qhubeka is a cycling charity in Africa, which Team Dimension Data works with to bring African cycling talent to world cycling.
Team principal of Dimension Data/Qhubeka, Doug Ryder, said: “I am delighted to be coming to present and speak about the incredible success of Team Dimension Data and give an inside view of what it took to get where we are today.
“We created a team from the African continent with African riders in it and took on the biggest challenge of getting to the Tour de France, in so doing what had never been done before.
“This is an evening of fun and an opportunity to get close to the team that races for a higher purpose.”
The event is at 7pm on Friday, September 8. Tickets are £20, with all proceeds going to Qhubeka, and can be bought from www.watlingstreetbeer.com
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins