Tour of Britain team visiting St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A Tour of Britain team will be visiting a St Albans brewery while the race stops in Hemel Hempstead.
Team Dimension Data/Qhubeka, cycling star Mark Cavendish’s team, will be giving a presentation on their setup at Watling Street Beer.
Qhubeka is a cycling charity in Africa, which Team Dimension Data works with to bring African cycling talent to world cycling.
Team principal of Dimension Data/Qhubeka, Doug Ryder, said: “I am delighted to be coming to present and speak about the incredible success of Team Dimension Data and give an inside view of what it took to get where we are today.
“We created a team from the African continent with African riders in it and took on the biggest challenge of getting to the Tour de France, in so doing what had never been done before.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an evening of fun and an opportunity to get close to the team that races for a higher purpose.”
The event is at 7pm on Friday, September 8. Tickets are £20, with all proceeds going to Qhubeka, and can be bought from www.watlingstreetbeer.com
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home