Top rating for St Albans nursing home
A nursing home is celebrating after learning that its three-star status has confirmed that it gives five-star care. Verulam House Nursing Home in St Albans, which is privately owned by Peter Jackson and Dr Damian Tominey, has been awarded three-star statu
A nursing home is celebrating after learning that its three-star status has confirmed that it gives five-star care.
Verulam House Nursing Home in St Albans, which is privately owned by Peter Jackson and Dr Damian Tominey, has been awarded three-star status, the highest star rating, following an unannounced inspection.
Among aspects of the service singled out for praise were the stable and long-serving team of managers, nurses and care workers, the respect and dignity they afforded to each resident and the homely, safe and stimulating environment for the residents to live in.
Both residents and relatives mentioned the social, recreational and therapeutic activities provided daily.
You may also want to watch:
Matron Anne Schofield, who has been employed since the nursing home opened in April 1996, said: "I am delighted to maintain our top star rating.
"This has a very positive impact on all my staff and residents and shows that this is a team effort with commitment and dedication from all staff in maintaining our high standards throughout the home.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden