Top rating for St Albans nursing home
A nursing home is celebrating after learning that its three-star status has confirmed that it gives five-star care. Verulam House Nursing Home in St Albans, which is privately owned by Peter Jackson and Dr Damian Tominey, has been awarded three-star statu
A nursing home is celebrating after learning that its three-star status has confirmed that it gives five-star care.
Verulam House Nursing Home in St Albans, which is privately owned by Peter Jackson and Dr Damian Tominey, has been awarded three-star status, the highest star rating, following an unannounced inspection.
Among aspects of the service singled out for praise were the stable and long-serving team of managers, nurses and care workers, the respect and dignity they afforded to each resident and the homely, safe and stimulating environment for the residents to live in.
Both residents and relatives mentioned the social, recreational and therapeutic activities provided daily.
You may also want to watch:
Matron Anne Schofield, who has been employed since the nursing home opened in April 1996, said: "I am delighted to maintain our top star rating.
"This has a very positive impact on all my staff and residents and shows that this is a team effort with commitment and dedication from all staff in maintaining our high standards throughout the home.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development