Tomorrow is Harpenden Carnival Day!
DON’T forget to keep this Sunday free for the 2011 Harpenden Carnival.
Organised by Harpenden Round Table, the event kicks off at 12 noon with a procession down the High Street involving local schools, Cubs and Brownies, majorettes, firefighters and vintage cars. It will enter Rothamsted Park at 12.30pm when the carnival fair will begin.
Newly confirmed as part of the event’s arena attractions is a display by Kaisho Martial Arts, who will be performing a number of demonstrations. Their team of black belts and other members of the club will be joined by the popular BBC CBeebies presenter Nataylia Roni (or Nat) from Boogie Beebies. Visitors are welcome to come and meet the Kaisho team, see the free demonstration and have their pictures taken with Nat.
Two tickets to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone worth �560 are being raffled thanks to LTi Harpenden. Visitors can buy the �5 tickets from the stand next to the racing car.
The Herts Advertiser is the media sponsor for the carnival, and our stall at the fair will be offering readers the chance to win �100 worth of Waitrose vouchers. All you have to do is fill in the entry form and the winner will be drawn the following week from all of the day’s entries.
You may also want to watch:
Waitrose Harpenden duty manager Michelle Dew said: “Waitrose Harpenden is pleased to support the Harpenden Carnival as it is a local event and helps raise money for local causes. Waitrose is committed to supporting good causes and events in the areas in which they trade.
“The Harpenden Carnival has become an important community event and Waitrose look forward to working with the carnival in the years to come.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Entry to the fair is by programme only, but these can be purchased in advance for just �3 instead of the �5 on the gate from various local businesses including Baby Years, Playschool Nursery, Cravin, Lemongrove Gallery, Thorns, Rollings Wine, Silver Palate, Harpenden Building Society and News 4U.