Tom Cruise visits St Albans curry restaurant
HOLLYWOOD legend Tom Cruise was spotted dining at a St Albans restaurant just hours before the completion of his divorce to Katie Holmes on Tuesday night.
Tom visited Veer Dhara in St Peter’s Street with two bodyguards and seven guests.
Restaurant owner Darshit Hora said: “It’s very remarkable to have such a legendary Hollywood actor visit our restaurant, it adds well to the selling point! He seemed very relaxed and just wanted to have a nice evening with his family.”
Tom apparently travelled 15 miles to dine at the restaurant following a recommendation and his two cars parked right outside
Mr Hora explained: “The bodyguards told us he wanted a hassle-free evening with no interruptions. So when he arrived, none of the guests noticed, and we were able to fully respect his request.”
You may also want to watch:
The large group ate lobster, chicken and vegetable dishes, sticking to tap waters, coke and coffees.
“We had to unfortunately decline Tom Cruise’s card as we didn’t accept American Express which made him laugh, but luckily one of his party was able to pay the bill in cash.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The Top Gun star is reported to be in the area following the announcement that his new movie, a sci-fi action thriller also starring Emily Blunt, will be shot at Leavesden Studios just down the road near Watford.
The new film, All You Need Is Kill, is set to create 500 new jobs when filming starts at the studios, the current home of the Harry Potter Studio Tour.