Tom Cruise visits St Albans curry restaurant
HOLLYWOOD legend Tom Cruise was spotted dining at a St Albans restaurant just hours before the completion of his divorce to Katie Holmes on Tuesday night.
Tom visited Veer Dhara in St Peter’s Street with two bodyguards and seven guests.
Restaurant owner Darshit Hora said: “It’s very remarkable to have such a legendary Hollywood actor visit our restaurant, it adds well to the selling point! He seemed very relaxed and just wanted to have a nice evening with his family.”
Tom apparently travelled 15 miles to dine at the restaurant following a recommendation and his two cars parked right outside
Mr Hora explained: “The bodyguards told us he wanted a hassle-free evening with no interruptions. So when he arrived, none of the guests noticed, and we were able to fully respect his request.”
You may also want to watch:
The large group ate lobster, chicken and vegetable dishes, sticking to tap waters, coke and coffees.
“We had to unfortunately decline Tom Cruise’s card as we didn’t accept American Express which made him laugh, but luckily one of his party was able to pay the bill in cash.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
The Top Gun star is reported to be in the area following the announcement that his new movie, a sci-fi action thriller also starring Emily Blunt, will be shot at Leavesden Studios just down the road near Watford.
The new film, All You Need Is Kill, is set to create 500 new jobs when filming starts at the studios, the current home of the Harry Potter Studio Tour.