Tom Cruise’s visit to St Albans turned into film ahead of festival
- Credit: Archant
TOM Cruise’s famous trip to a St Albans curry house last year has been immortalised in an entry for the city’s upcoming film festival.
A local film maker was inspired by the Hollywood legend’s excursion to Veer Dhara restaurant in St Peter’s Street and is hoping her movie about the visit will win the top prize.
Festival director Leoni Kibbey said of the entry: “Everyone in the film is wearing a Tom Cruise mask. It’s very funny.”
The Top Gun star popped into Veer Dhara in August while filming sci-fi action movie All You Need Is Kill at Leavesden Studios near Watford.
Cruise apparently dined with seven guests and two bodyguards and feasted on lobster, chicken and vegetable dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Restaurant owner Darshit Hora said at the time: “It’s very remarkable to have such a legendary Hollywood actor visit our restaurant, it adds well to the selling point! He seemed very relaxed and just wanted to have a nice evening with his family.”
He added: “We had to unfortunately decline Tom Cruise’s card as we didn’t accept American Express which made him laugh, but luckily one of his party was able to pay the bill in cash.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
The first St Albans Film Festival will take place from March 8 to 10.
For more information visit http://www.stalbansfilmfestival.com/