Time-lapse video shows spray paint depiction of Stanley Kubrick movies: St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A time-lapse video of spray painters depicting Stanley Kubrick’s movies has proved so popular that it has been featured on CNN’s website.
St Albans spray painter John Feeney along with fellow artists from the Kraken Collective “decided on a Kubrick theme” in honour of the host of the annual Childwickbury Arts Fair, Christiane Kubrick, and her late filmmaker husband.
They recreated famous scenes from Stanley’s many movies, including from The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Full Metal Jacket.
A spokeswoman for the event said: “The video is really going places. We’re international!”
More than 3,700 visitors attended the 12th annual three-day event.
The spokeswoman said: “This is our highest number yet so we’re very pleased about that. There is clearly a buzz about the arts fair as the majority of our feedback comes from visitors who said they had heard about the fair via word-of-mouth ... the best form of marketing.
“It’s incredibly satisfying to know that all our hard work in the run up to it is paid off when our visitors have a lovely time and want to tell us so.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
“The schools which visited us had a great time too and went away full of new ideas and inspired to create their own art - they’re already booking for next year!”
Christiane Kubrick added: “I feel that this has been our best fair yet. Every year we wonder how we can top the last one but the magic of Childwickbury comes to the fore and the combination of hard work and generosity of everyone involved improves the fair every year.”