Time-lapse video shows spray paint depiction of Stanley Kubrick movies: St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A time-lapse video of spray painters depicting Stanley Kubrick’s movies has proved so popular that it has been featured on CNN’s website.
St Albans spray painter John Feeney along with fellow artists from the Kraken Collective “decided on a Kubrick theme” in honour of the host of the annual Childwickbury Arts Fair, Christiane Kubrick, and her late filmmaker husband.
They recreated famous scenes from Stanley’s many movies, including from The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Full Metal Jacket.
A spokeswoman for the event said: “The video is really going places. We’re international!”
More than 3,700 visitors attended the 12th annual three-day event.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said: “This is our highest number yet so we’re very pleased about that. There is clearly a buzz about the arts fair as the majority of our feedback comes from visitors who said they had heard about the fair via word-of-mouth ... the best form of marketing.
“It’s incredibly satisfying to know that all our hard work in the run up to it is paid off when our visitors have a lovely time and want to tell us so.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
“The schools which visited us had a great time too and went away full of new ideas and inspired to create their own art - they’re already booking for next year!”
Christiane Kubrick added: “I feel that this has been our best fair yet. Every year we wonder how we can top the last one but the magic of Childwickbury comes to the fore and the combination of hard work and generosity of everyone involved improves the fair every year.”