Time-lapse video shows spray paint depiction of Stanley Kubrick movies: St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A time-lapse video of spray painters depicting Stanley Kubrick’s movies has proved so popular that it has been featured on CNN’s website.
St Albans spray painter John Feeney along with fellow artists from the Kraken Collective “decided on a Kubrick theme” in honour of the host of the annual Childwickbury Arts Fair, Christiane Kubrick, and her late filmmaker husband.
They recreated famous scenes from Stanley’s many movies, including from The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Full Metal Jacket.
A spokeswoman for the event said: “The video is really going places. We’re international!”
More than 3,700 visitors attended the 12th annual three-day event.
The spokeswoman said: “This is our highest number yet so we’re very pleased about that. There is clearly a buzz about the arts fair as the majority of our feedback comes from visitors who said they had heard about the fair via word-of-mouth ... the best form of marketing.
“It’s incredibly satisfying to know that all our hard work in the run up to it is paid off when our visitors have a lovely time and want to tell us so.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 7 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 8 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
“The schools which visited us had a great time too and went away full of new ideas and inspired to create their own art - they’re already booking for next year!”
Christiane Kubrick added: “I feel that this has been our best fair yet. Every year we wonder how we can top the last one but the magic of Childwickbury comes to the fore and the combination of hard work and generosity of everyone involved improves the fair every year.”