Thrillers and cuppas as PopDance raises funds for St Albans hospice
POPDANCE, the St Albans-based dance and exercise class for busy adults, is holding a tea party and pre-Christmas shopping morning to raise funds for Grove House.
The all-women business – who have also supported the local charity with the Midnight Walk – are inviting people around St Albans to come to the Thistle Hotel on Watford Road, peruse Christmas and birthday gifts, drink tea or coffee and, of course, eat some cake.
Popdancers, which include some of the Grove House staff, will also be showcasing a Michael Jackson Thriller routine for the period running up to Hallowe’en.
Co-founder, Sue Wybrow, said the business was again delighted to be helping the local charity. “As a business which originated in St Albans, we have already thrown our weight behind the Grove House cause, and want to do so again with our tea party.
“We hope as many people as possible will be able to come along, have a look at a wide range of lovely gift ideas, have a nice cuppa and even a cheeky bit of cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Liz Hizli, community fund-raiser for Grove House, commented: “We are really happy to have the support once more of Popdance to raise vital funds for our patients, their families and carers.”
Staff working for the charity also went to the Popdance classes and were looking forward to showing off their hard-learned dance moves, she added.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
The tea party will be held from 10am to 1pm on Friday, October 22. Guests can watch – or even take part in – the class routine demo. Tickets at �5, which includes a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of cake, are on sale now and for more information go to www.popdance.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0844 4829 706.