Thrillers and cuppas as PopDance raises funds for St Albans hospice
POPDANCE, the St Albans-based dance and exercise class for busy adults, is holding a tea party and pre-Christmas shopping morning to raise funds for Grove House.
The all-women business – who have also supported the local charity with the Midnight Walk – are inviting people around St Albans to come to the Thistle Hotel on Watford Road, peruse Christmas and birthday gifts, drink tea or coffee and, of course, eat some cake.
Popdancers, which include some of the Grove House staff, will also be showcasing a Michael Jackson Thriller routine for the period running up to Hallowe’en.
Co-founder, Sue Wybrow, said the business was again delighted to be helping the local charity. “As a business which originated in St Albans, we have already thrown our weight behind the Grove House cause, and want to do so again with our tea party.
“We hope as many people as possible will be able to come along, have a look at a wide range of lovely gift ideas, have a nice cuppa and even a cheeky bit of cake.”
Liz Hizli, community fund-raiser for Grove House, commented: “We are really happy to have the support once more of Popdance to raise vital funds for our patients, their families and carers.”
Staff working for the charity also went to the Popdance classes and were looking forward to showing off their hard-learned dance moves, she added.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
The tea party will be held from 10am to 1pm on Friday, October 22. Guests can watch – or even take part in – the class routine demo. Tickets at �5, which includes a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of cake, are on sale now and for more information go to www.popdance.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 4829 706.