Three teenagers arrested after cash and tills stolen from Wheathampstead shops
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been arrested after cash and tills were stolen from three Wheathampstead businesses.
The males from Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
On Thursday, November 9, Impressions, Wheathampstead post office, and La Beautique on Station Road were burgled.
Two of the males have been bailed until next month, and the other has been release under investigation.
They were arrested after a member of the public spotted a car behaving suspiciously and took a partial note of its licence plate.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Katy Jackson said: “The important information from the member of the public helped us identify the three suspects. Please always call us if you see people or vehicles acting suspiciously.
“Businesses owners, please make sure no cash is stored overnight in your premises, and invest in good quality locks.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans