Three teenagers arrested after cash and tills stolen from Wheathampstead shops
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been arrested after cash and tills were stolen from three Wheathampstead businesses.
The males from Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
On Thursday, November 9, Impressions, Wheathampstead post office, and La Beautique on Station Road were burgled.
Two of the males have been bailed until next month, and the other has been release under investigation.
They were arrested after a member of the public spotted a car behaving suspiciously and took a partial note of its licence plate.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Katy Jackson said: “The important information from the member of the public helped us identify the three suspects. Please always call us if you see people or vehicles acting suspiciously.
“Businesses owners, please make sure no cash is stored overnight in your premises, and invest in good quality locks.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans